Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Book Stole My Look {4}

Welcome to Book Stole My Look! (Previously titled, Double Take). Here I take two (or more) book covers that are coincidentally similar.

Today's Books:


North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
Evermore #1 by Alyson Noel

I definitely prefer the Evermore cover over North of Beautiful; but is that really a huge surprise considering my obsession with paranormal? Evermore just screams paranormal! And I've read this series (all but the last 2 books, I believe) and I really enjoy it. Without giving anything really away, Ever sees auras, so I love how the title is kind of blurred just a little bit; and I also love how the red tulips stand out so much against the muted background. In the beginning Ever keeps to herself and doesn't want to be noticed, which is represented by how she keeps her head bent down on the cover. 

North of Beautiful is a contemporary, coming-of-age YA read. I haven't read it yet. In the book, the main character, Terra, is trying to find herself. I feel that this is conveyed well on the cover by her keeping her head down, like she spends a lot of time within herself and not really sharing herself with the world. And the compass on the cover as well represents her "going somewhere" both literally and figuratively.

Font-wise, I do like how the title is written on North of Beautiful; however, I feel that the font layout on Evermore works better and balances out the heavy elements of the image.

What are your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...