Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dusty Reads #1

Welcome to my first 'Dusty Reads' - a weekly meme which showcases a book that's been sitting on my shelf collecting dust that I really need to just sit down and read once and for all! For all the info on Dusty Reads and how to participate visit Xpresso Reads!


RAISED BY WOLVES
Series: Raised by Wolves #1
By: Jennifer Lynn Barnes
hardcover, 418 pages
Publication Date: June 8, 2010 by Egmont USA





Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it.  That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.  

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?





Why I haven't read this yet: I picked this one up at Border's during their going out of business sale. I love werewolves and Bryn seems like a pretty kick-butt heroine so I couldn't pass it up. Every time I go to grab a new book from my shelf I always linger on this one but I feel like it's going to be so good that I don't want to read it, because then it will be over! The sequel, Trial By Fire, is already out as well and the third, Taken by Storm, is out this year. I hope to get to this one soon because I've heard great things about it!


What is your Dusty Reads pick this week?



1 comment:

  1. I've seen this book around on other blogs, but I don't really know much about it. I love your "Why I didn't read it" - all of my Dusty Reads posts say something similar - I don't want to read it because then ... I'll have read it!

    Thanks for sharing :)
    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    My Dusty Reads

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...