Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dusty Reads #2

Welcome to 'Dusty Reads' - a weekly meme which showcases a book that's been sitting on my shelf collecting dust that I really need to just sit down and read once and for all! For all the info on Dusty Reads and how to participate visit Xpresso Reads!

This week's 'Dusty Read' is:


Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due - so unfair - on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he'd rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can't help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.

Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.

As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.

His life depends on it.

I've always been a fan of Poe; and after reading the synopsis of this one way back in 2010 I knew I had to have this book. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. And then in 2011 I was supposed to move, so I packed up my entire apartment (including all 500+ books, sigh.) and even though we didn't move, a lot of my stuff (including said 500+ books) remained packed and stored in my spare bedroom. So when I finally decided enough is enough and spent an entire day tearing the room apart to find my precious books, I found this one and made sure I pulled it out and stacked it with other Must Reads in my bedroom so I had to stare at it everyday. It is right now sitting directly beside my computer and will be read ASAP!

And really, that cover? How could you not want to read it just for the cover alone!

Have you read Nevermore? Let me know what you thought!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...