Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Buzz {2}


Hi! Welcome to The Buzz! Here you can find random, new bookish news and goings on around the book world and book blogosphere! If you come across anything buzzworthy - let us know!!


My Statement on the Plagiarism Controversy - And why you can just call me Switzy!


I'm sure by now EVERYONE (and their mother, haha) knows about everything going on with The Story Siren having been accused of plagiarism, and her subsequent unaccepted apologies. Well, I've read everything out there, I've read her apologies and I've looked through all of the proof and evidence against Kristi, and here's my take on everything...

I'M STAYING OUT OF IT. Yep, that's right. I'm as neutral as Switzerland. I'm not siding with the accusers, the victims, nor The Story Siren. It is what it is, it's not my business to get involved in, or discuss more than this paragraph that I'm going to give it. If people feel they cannot trust her any longer, and will no longer read her blog - that's their prerogative. I do not agree with anyone plagiarizing anyone or anything, but I also do not agree with people attacking Kristi personally. This is something between Kristi and those accusing her of plagiarism, and I do feel more people have gotten involved than need be, and that they are attacking Kristi personally. Not fair. It is bullying to create a #Stopthestorysiren trend on Twitter. We are dealing with such a horrible epidemic of bullying in the country right now, and telling our kids NOT to bully others - yet here we have grown adults doing it to other adults. Come on, guys. Grow up. Practice what you preach. And now, that is all I will say on the matter - feel free to agree or disagree as you see fit.


Free Four - Gimme More!


Oh Veronica Roth, how I love thee! So there is now a free Four POV story out there as we rapidly approach the release of Insurgent. Go read it HERE - Now!!! - and let me know what you think! 


Dreamless Widget 


- Get it here! (Sorry, having major HTML issues and it's not letting me post the stinkin' widget! Grrr....)


Well, that's all for me today! 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...